Saturday, August 02, 2008

Dum-de-dum...

Mmm... what to do to kill some time.

Well, I went through the Kwajrockets archive and found some goodies. I know you guys are probably scouring every corner of this blog for all the great stuff I've written, but just in case, I thought I'd give you a highlight reel.

Omelek - SpaceX's island


Did you know that Kwaj is very far away?

Some Kwaj facts:
  • Guam is closest at 1,400 miles away, Hawaii is 2,100 miles away
  • It's the largest Atoll in the world
  • Population 2,500
  • It has a runway and a small military base.
Directions from the Kwajalein Airport.


The Houston of SpaceX.

The main view of the rocket from Control Room.


The ocean as seen from Kwaj.


The beaches aren't the big draw here.

Digg It!

1 comment:

High Power Rocketry said...

I would love to visit this area some day. The Pacific seems like a great place. Melanesia, Polynesia, Micronesia... Some day.